Case Study: Rōnile, Inc.

Posted by on Sep 15, 2016 in Uncategorized | 0 comments

Private manufacturer turns to neighbors for fuel Rōnile Incorporated, one of the world’s leading supplier of custom dyed accent yarn, is an employee-owned manufacturer with over 100 associates, located in Rocky Mount, Virginia.  Situated in a part of Virginia with no access to natural gas, Rōnile historically depended on diesel for generating the large amounts of steam necessary to set the dye and dry their yarn.  In 2006, with diesel prices...

Read More

Community Wood Energy Program Expands Staff

Posted by on Apr 13, 2016 in Uncategorized | 0 comments

The Center for Natural Capital is pleased to announce the hiring of two consultants to assist with the energy program. Betty Dixon is a social worker and entrepreneur with over 25 years’ experience providing community based services throughout Virginia and the Mid-Atlantic.  After a stint in both the public and private sector, Betty co-founded Virginia’s first state-wide intensive in-home child and family counseling agency, which she grew and...

Read More

National Bioenergy Day Virginia Study Tour

Posted by on Sep 14, 2015 in Uncategorized | 0 comments

On October 21st, in recognition of the Third Annual National Bioenergy Day, the Virginia Community Wood Energy Program is hosting a study tour of three Southside institutions that are saving money and supporting their local economy by using wood fuels for space heating and hot water generation.  In 2013 the Virginia United Methodist Assembly Center in Blackstone, replaced their aging fuel oil boiler with a modern, fully-automated wood chip...

Read More

Case Study: Blackstone Conference and Retreat Center

Posted by on Sep 14, 2015 in Uncategorized | 0 comments

Wood energy is not just for the big guys.  For the Blackstone Conference and Retreat Center (BCRC), wood energy quite literally may have saved the institution.  The BCRC, formerly the Virginia Methodist Assembly Center, was originally founded in 1894 and operated until 1915 as the Blackstone College for Girls.  The original wooden structure twice burned down before the current four story concrete building was erected in the 1920’s, ensuring it...

Read More